At Enthuse, we’re on a mission to transform digital fundraising by building the technology that empowers great causes. Our donations, event registration, and fundraising platform helps thousands of charities raise millions of pounds a year.
Launched in 2012, we’ve come along way — we’ve raised a Series A with social-impact focussed investors, we've grown our team to close to 90 people, and we're looking to continue growing at an accelerated pace. What's more, Enthuse is the official online fundraising partner for London Marathon Events and Great Run. It’s still early, but we’re on an incredible journey.
We're looking for a Finance Executive to take a leading role in our Finance and Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-scaling, socially-driven organisation and provide best in class support to our internal and external customers. You’ll be critical in producing and maintaining complete, accurate and timely financial information, to implement a strong financial control environment and to drive continuous improvement of finance processes.
How you’ll contribute
- Support with daily and weekly finance tasks
- Processing of Finance inbox (i.e. invoices, HMRC and banks comms)
- Support the operations team answering customer finance queries
- Assisting the Financial Controller with bank account reconciliation
- Chasing for receipt / invoices
- Coding invoices in Dext invoices and export to Xero
- Coding employee expenses (VAT & approval)
- Weekly payment run creation at bank and schedule on Xero
- Pay suppliers from current accounts
- Supporting with various tasks for the preparation of management accounts
- Transferring transaction fees from various payment accounts into Enthuse’s bank account
- Updating Transaction Fees for month end closing of Enthuse’s accounts
- Checking client account statements for failed payouts and dealing with failed payouts to clients to ensure no funds are owed to them
- Preparing charity payouts to be paid every month
- Dealing with manual charity payouts when required
- Dealing with manual invoicing of subscription fees when required
- Ensuring all invoices are logged from previous month to support month-end closing of accounts and provide accurate reporting of costs
- Sending resellers commission statement & request invoice
- Creating and sending statements to clients
- Generating chargebacks report to recover chargebacks through upcoming payout
- Transfer revenue from transaction fees, gift aid fees from client account to current account to ensure cash from revenue is available
- Gift aid reports
- Producing monthly team OKR report
- Support documenting business processes and accounting policies when appropriate (or keeping them up to date) to maintain and strengthen internal controls as well as ensure sustainability of the operation and the finance department
- You have proven working experience as a Finance Executive
- You are proficient in Xero, MS Excel, Google Sheets
- You have excellent attention to detail, good analytical skills, and the ability to analyse numbers quickly and accurately and to communicate them easily to non-finance colleagues
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong curiosity, in other words, you don't require an invitation to explore and learn independently
- You are not afraid of challenging the status-quo and suggesting improvements
We'd love it if
- You are experienced in payment processing and SaaS accounting is highly desirable
- You are able to collaborate and challenge cross-functionally and be the voice of finance within the business
- You are able to communicate with key stakeholders, both internal and external, and to communicate and work collaboratively with non-finance colleagues and with employees at all levels
What you’ll get
- A salary of £30k for the Finance Executive role, depending on experience
- The option to work from home up to 3 days a week
- We celebrate together with an early Friday finish with optional team drinks, team incentives, and a variety of company socials
- We offer a generous equity options scheme at a fast growing, stable company backed by social good investors. We give back to all our employees who get us closer to achieving our mission
- We believe work-life balance matters and have flexible hours, working from home, and support part-time work
- We believe in giving back and give you one paid day to fundraise for a charity of your choice. Many of our team members also volunteer or are trustees
- Holiday allowance: 25 days holiday and bank holidays (33 in total). We increase holidays based on length of service, so for every year you’re with us, you’ll get an additional day’s holiday up to 28 days. We also offer an additional 5 days of unpaid holiday
- We want you to travel well with the Cycle to Work scheme and season ticket loan
- We will support your journey through our mentor program that offers structured support from senior team members within the business and a strong network of investors and customers
- Private health insurance coverage with plenty of benefits through Vitality
- Places for Races! as partners of London Marathon Events and Great Run, we get access to a number of participant places for major fundraising events. So if you're a keen runner, swimmer or cyclist - you could be in luck
Come as you are. Love what you do.
At Enthuse, we want to create a positive impact on a global scale. And to do that we know that the people at Enthuse have to reflect all global lives and identities.
We work flexible hours, we support remote working, and if that doesn’t quite work, we will definitely listen to what will. We’re striving to create a place where all feel valued and welcome — and would love to hear how we could do that for you.
No matter what your background, identity, or even if you experience doesn’t exactly match — we’d love to hear from you!